1) Enzymes rule over all other nutrients. Enzymes are responsible for nearly every facet of life and health and far outweigh the importance of every other nutrient.
2) Enzymes are needed to help control all mental and physical functions. Each body cell has in excess of 100,000 enzyme particles necessary for metabolic processes.
3) Enzymes cannot function properly without the presence of other substances which are known as coenzymes. Coenzymes are minerals, vitamins and proteins.
4) Once enzymes have completed their appointed task, they are destroyed. For life to continue, you must have a constant enzyme supply which requires continued replacement of enzymes.
5) Enzymes are found in all living cells including raw foods or those that are cooked at a temperature lower than 116 de/grees Fahrenheit. Enzymes begin to perish when the temperature increases beyond 116 degrees. The degree of enzyme destruction is a function of time and temperature.
6) Enzymes are primarily proteins, yet enzymes need amino acids for normal function. Hormones are primarily proteins which require interaction with enzymes to regulate bodily processes.
7) Enzymes aid in transforming proteins into amino acids. Protein does not perform its function unless broken down into amino acids. Amino Acids can be considered as an enzyme carrier whose function is to transport enzymes to various functions in the body.
8) Enzymes help extract minerals from food. Enzymes transform minerals into an alkaline detoxifying agent which combines with acid cellular wastes and toxic settlements within the body, thus neutralizing them and preparing them for elimination.
9) Enzymes use minerals to create an even balance of dissolved solids both inside and outside the cells, thus equalizing both internal and external pressures which we call osmotic equilibrium.
10) Vitamins are required as coenzymes to work with enzymes in every chemical reaction in every cell of the body. Without minerals extracted from food by enzymes, vitamins would be unable to perform their function.
11) An Enzyme deficiency must be carefully considered as a possible precursor of bodily imbalance and consequent disease symptoms.
12) Enzymes are, therefore, justified as a supplemental dietary substance which need is parallel with mineral, vitamin and all other supportive therapies.
From "Body Electronics Fundamentals" by Douglas Morrison .